As a part of the Technical and Administrative Infrastructure, the team Scientific IT Systems handles the strategic planning, operation and support of the scientific IT-systems of PGI/JCNS.
- Central server systems (LDAP, SSH, Web, Git)
- Central storage systems with 1,5 PB drive capacity
- Cloud infrastructure (NextCloud, ShareLaTeX)
- 13 Linux compute cluster (approx. 275 nodes / 3600 cores)
- 11 GPGPU systems (Linux)
- Software engineering environment (CI/CD)
- approx. 200 Linux desktop systems (standard computers)
- approx. 150 mobile systems (MacBook Pro/Air)
- approx. 40 stationary systems (iMac)
- 12 mobile systems for events (MacBook)
The team Scientific IT Systems provides a wide array of locally installed Open Source software.