As a part of the Technical and Administrative Infrastructure, the team Scientific IT Systems handles the strategic planning, operation and support of the scientific IT-systems of PGI/JCNS.
- Central server systems (LDAP, SSH, Web, Git)
- Central storage systems with 2,2 PB drive capacity
- Cloud infrastructure (Kubernetes, Docker swarm, ESXi, Hyper-V)
- 13 Linux compute cluster (approx. 275 nodes / 3600 cores)
- 11 GPGPU systems (Linux)
- Software engineering environment (CI/CD)
- approx. 200 Linux desktop systems (CentOS 8)
- 341 macOS systems (MacBook Pro/Air, iMac, Mac mini)
- 404 Windows systems (388 clients and 16 servers)
- 12 mobile systems for events (MacBook)
The team Scientific IT Systems provides a wide array of locally installed Open Source software.