As a part of the Technical and Administrative Infrastructure, the team Scientific IT Systems handles the strategic planning, operation and support of the scientific IT-systems of PGI/JCNS.
- Central server systems (LDAP, SSH, web, git)
- Central storage systems with 2 x 500 TB drive capacity
- 10 Linux compute cluster (approx. 400 nodes / 4500 cores)
- 11 GPGPU systems (Linux)
- approx. 200 Linux desktop systems (standard computers)
- approx. 140 mobile systems (MacBook Pro/Air)
- approx. 40 stationary systems (iMac)
- 12 mobile systems for events (MacBook)
The team Scientific IT Systems provides a wide array of locally installed Open Source software.
- 21 all-in-one printers (RICOH), 11 departmental printers (HP)
- Linux / OS X print server (iffps) 
- Windows print server (iffwps) 
|||All printers are shared with Bonjour (search for "iffP")|
|||All printers are listed in Active Directory|
Scientific IT Systems provides Linux and OS X users with a Web version for the most commonly used PDF forms required at PGI/JCNS.